Monday, July 28, 2008

Eh


Do you ever turn in work that you know is just adequate and you dread checking your email and finding a response from your supervisor? I've had that feeling a couple of times this summer, including tonight. I want to blame it on my supervisor's incredibly high expectations of me, then again he has every right to expect my absolute best-because that is what I advertise. It's a premium. I think of it like a car: if a bought a Lexus and found out it was a Camry with the Lexus logo (even though that's essentially what it is), I would be pissed. Then again, I'm a law student--I'm not sweatshop labor yet.

I dread the email tomorrow. My supervisor is very, very good to me. I need my supervisor for some good recommendations, and my supervisor is always happy to write me extraordinary letters. Our working relationship, however, is very quid pro quo. That bothers me.

No comments: