Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Bad News Nobody

Well, today was my last week at my dream law firm. The main partner came in today and gave me the "It's been great working with you. We don't know if we'll hire but if you have a good offer already out there, it's hard not to take it." It isn't an official no but it certainly isn't a good sign. Here's what I don't get about law school.

1) I go to the best school in my anonymous state.
2) I want to work in a field that my resume is definitely good enough for.
3) I am willing to work relatively cheaply to work in my chosen field in my chosen town.
4) No one is willing to offer me a job.

I know, I know. I can hear the readers now. "El Guapo, you selfish bastard, why are you complaining because you failed to get a second job?" Don't get me wrong, I'm grateful for the offer I have. It's a helluva offer. It's just that I'm living in the only place I think I'm going to have to leave before I'm ready to.

No comments: