Monday, September 24, 2007

Odds & Ends

I am grateful for this Law Review article that came to me pre-spade in good shape.

Odd OCI strategy I'm trying and so far having luck with: I'm using presumptive closes in questioning. I'm asking questions that force them to make a choice that presupposes they have already selected me without using a preface like "Assuming you select me." I'm hoping this allows them to subconsciously think that they've already selected me and we're going into details of the post selection process. For the singles out there it is a useful bar pickup tool as well. I have no idea if it worked with Big Easy firm or not but they were the first I used it on and I got an offer so I'm using it from here on out. I'm turning the meat market that is OCI into a pickup bar and I am not ashamed.

I have to prepare a cross and direct examination for trial ad tomorrow night. I think it would surprise a lot of people to know you can graduate law school without knowing trial procedure and that you don't learn it at all before second year in any practical sense.

1 comment:

Guy Fawkes said...

I think most people would be surprised that the bulk of attorneys don't become Matlock or Jack McCoy immediately after graduation.