Friday, September 28, 2007

Betrayed

This article for law review fooled me. I thought it was in good shape. See supra post Odds & Ends. Now that I'm into it good, I realize the author has made the same mistake over and over again. It isn't an easy to fix mistake like adding a comma here or there. She is failing to cite to her original source and is instead citing to herself citing to the original source. I hate this author. I hate this article.

Advice to law tots and prospective law students. Slack Off!

Had I not been such an attractive candidate I would not be at this nationally ranked state law school. I would be at the short bus kids private school up the road in the big city that actually get hired by employers in that city.

Had I not worked hard and finished high in the class, I wouldn't be on the law review and I wouldn't be wasting so much time in on campus interviewing when I know most of them go nowhere. I wouldn't be spending my Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays in the dungeon part of the library.

Law school is filled with suckers and I'm sucker number one. Be like me kiddies! Work hard, put a good product out there, and be proud knowing that someone with a worse resume is paying twice as much tuition at a third tier law school, sitting on their ass getting hired by firms that won't give you the time of day. At the end of the day, all you can say is this.



The only thing that keeps me going is this speech by Pat Dye.



Cause there ain't a damn thing I can do but go out and work harder and run up against the wall again and again. Eventually, it will turn out alright.

No comments: