Monday, March 10, 2008

They oughta give me the Wurlitzer Prize

So this is an extremely stressful semester. I think I can say that even without outside problems it would be the most stressful semester of school I've ever had. Of course, there have been outside issues stemming from last semester's events. Delayed exams I haven't been able to take, bills, negotiations not for credit, etc.

If Nashville had any concept of moot court my life would be a country song.

So in honor of that sentiment, I'm posting my favorite tragedies with a twang. Great laments from classic country songs.

"I gave her a ring, she gave me the finger"
"I'm so miserable without you, it's almost like having you here."
"Get Your Tongue Outta my mouth, cause I'm kissing you goodbye"
"Her teeth were stained, but her heart was pure"
"I've been flushed from the bathroom of your heart"
"She got the goldmine, I got the shaft"
"You're the reason our kids are ugly"

And one just for Barbara Mandrell, my first love: You can eat crackers in my bed anytime.

I guess it isn't all bad. I'm very close to finding a place to stay for the first half of the summer!

No comments: