Tuesday, April 29, 2008

This Could Almost Be A Tort


I always keep water bottles in my car during the day so I don't get robbed by the vending machine. Today, I just let them rolling around in my seat (clear plastic water bottles). When I pick up the bottle later in the day, I notice a burn mark in my leather seat. Now, I'm a non-smoker and haven't had anything that could possibly burn the seat in my car. Turns out that the water bottle magnified the sun (over a course of 3 hours) and burned a 1 inch gash in my seat. This is something that has been widely reported on the internet (see here).

I never would have imagined. From what I've read on the internet so far, several people have come to their car to flaming seats. I really do think I moved the bottle just in time, the burn was rather severe.

Who should I sue? The water company for failure to warn? Should they put a warning on their bottle? As a policy, I hate warnings. I would never forgive myself for being the cause of a warning.

2 comments:

Guy Fawkes said...

Actual warning seen on the back of a personal watercraft: "Do not point water jet at bodily orifices such as anus or vagina."

Don't be that guy.

Doc In the Kitchen said...

Professor commenting on various causes of gas in the stomach/intestine.....

"Because there's only a certain number of outcomes that can happen when you combine a group of guys, beer, nascar, and an Air hose"