Monday, November 19, 2007

Law Review Student Comment...Check

The first 3508 words of my law review student comment are finished. This will likely mean that tomorrow afternoon will be the last time I will know my own name for a little while. It's not that I haven't been able to drink in the past few weeks, but actually having some leisurely drinks for once without an impending deadline will be nice.

Oh wait, I still have to write a damn "pathfinder" (annotated bibliography) for Advanced Legal Research. It won't be intellectually challenging, but it's still just one more thing to do, paper to write, etc. Maybe I can have some "leisurely drinks" while reading more Establishment Clause cases and law review articles. This pathfinder is the only thing standing between me and holiday freedom, and by "holiday freedom," I mean finals. Oddly enough, I've always found finals to be relaxing relative to the normal semester because I'm not a person who can learn effectively by "studying" in the traditional sense. Such is the life of a 2L.

On a happier note, I actually did get a summer job offer a couple of weeks ago with the state attorney general's office. It's not a paid position, but the particular job (in the Opinions division) probably would have been one of my top choices if there was money involved. I have a couple of other promising interviews pending, including one with a private firm in my home county that is one of the only firms in the state with a local government law practice. This fact somehow escaped me until I was actually in the interview. Hopefully I didn't go overboard with the enthusiasm. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed about that one.

On another happier note, El Guapo has been coming to classes again since last Wednesday. A lot of law students attended a memorial service for his baby last Saturday. I was glad to see that so many made the effort to be there on a Saturday morning, even during this hectic time of the semester. The school is going to let El Guapo do his finals on a pass/fail basis, and the law review higher-ups pushed back his student comment due date. Hopefully things will be back to normal for El Guapo before too long.

No comments: